- Outward facing brushes create the Anti-Vandal feature as it prevents vandals from placing unwanted items into the cavity.
- Outwards facing brushes also means better draught proofing and makes it easier to post letters through.
- 180 degree opening flap means the flap will not snap off when opened too far.
- Matt finished plastic frame conceals any scratches that may be caused by screwdrivers during installation.
- Blind bolts to the exterior of the letterplate prevents the outer frame being unscrewed from the door externally.
- An internal water seal prevents water getting into the door or panel, and stops letters getting wet.
- Ultra-flexible springs can withstand the letterbox flap opening thousands of times without breaking.
- Revolutionary Patent pending self-aligning screw boss makes screwing the inner and outer frames together easy.
- Fire rated for up to 60 minutes on timber doors.
The Astro Telescopic Letter Box 12 inch letterplate has many features not found on standard letterboxes, such as the trademarked Anti-Vandal facility. Each Anti-Vandal letterplate has outward facing brushes - This gives 3 great benefits:
- 1 - Having brushes on the front of the door acts as a visual deterrent to vandals. As the internal cavity is not easily accessible, it makes it a lot harder to put lit fireworks etc. into the cavity.
- 2 - It is easier for postmen to navigate letters through the brushes, so you won't end up receiving crinkled letters anymore.
- 3 - The brushes stop draughts at the point of entry, making the letterplate draught-proof.
Another great feature is that each letterplate flap can open to 180 degrees, meaning that it should not snap, and making letterplate flaps snapping off a thing of the past. Many letterplates in the industry only open to 90 degrees, so when too much force is applied when lifting the flap up, it causes them to snap off. The ultra-flexible springs means that they can withstand thousands of openings without breaking, making them last even longer. Also, an internal water seal also prevents water getting into the door or panel, which stops letters getting wet as they are posted through, and also helps to prevent the flaps from pitting or rusting.
- Available in a Mirror Polished finish.
- Overall size is 300mm x 65mm
We have technical representatives who provide assistance in the selection and specification of the products on this site and should be consulted for exact installation and product suitability. Ensure an early engagement with ourselves, designers, main contractor and specialist installers before any installation. Other trades and/or manufacturers may need to be consulted. For in-depth information, specification and technical advice please call our Head Office on Tel: +(0)1329 841416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested parties, designer, specifier, main contractor and specialist installers should provide access to allow the fire stopping seals to be regularly inspected and maintained, as well as records kept of such maintenance at minimum periods of 12 months, as required by the Regulatory Reform Order, and repaired if necessary. Reference should be made to ASFP TGD 17 – Code of Practice for the Installation and Inspection of Fire Stopping.
It is vital that those entrusted to design or install a fire stopping product have the necessary levels of competence to undertake the task professionally and thoroughly. The level of competency required will be commensurate with the expected complexity of the building. All designers must eliminate, reduce or control foreseeable risks that may arise during installation, construction or maintenance when preparing or modifying designs. Clients should ensure that the principal designer and principal contractor carry out their duties under CDM regulations. The ASFP foundation course in passive fire protection provides essential knowledge as part of demonstrating competency and understanding in this key fire protection specialism.
Each fire door and hardware component will have its own test evidence. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the product is fully compliant with the relevant test evidence, if in doubt please contact the technical team on Tel: +(0)1329 841416 or email email@example.com
Download and review any of the following information: