- RP16Si is an acoustic, smoke astragal.
- Used where one door leaf is active.
- Effective in sealing the meeting stiles.
- Symbol Guide
RP16Si is an acoustic, smoke astragal. Its proven design is effective in sealing the meeting stiles of plain or rebated double doors. Its aluminium trim neatly conceals the sealing portion of the seal and provides a secure weatherproof rebate stop. If necessary, its aluminium fixing leg can be checked out to allow for locks and latches.
For maximum acoustic performance, specify two seals, i.e. one for each door leaf. (Minimum door thickness subject to centre latch and dimensions of morticed door bottom seals).
RP16Si is used where one door leaf is active. For smoke door magnetic hold open applications such as hospital corridors, sequence select door closers are required.
- Location: Meeting stiles of double butt hinged doors.
- Min/Max Gap: 2.5mm to 8mm.
- Finish: Satin clear (silver), bronze, black anodised aluminium (15µm) or paint at extra cost.
- Fixing: Screw fix. Zinc plated, cross recess head CSK S.T. screws supplied. Can be rebated or surface mounted. Fixing holes are pre-drilled
- Seal: RP316Si. Grey silicon rubber (SE).
- Sizes: Available in 2500mm lengths.
Certification/Fire Test Reports:
- ANSI/BHMA A156.22
- Acoustic AUS/NZ: NCC Spec. F5.5.
- UK/EU: Approved Document E. Rated to BS EN ISO 717.1.
- Fire Gasket flammability index 1 when tested to AS1530.2.
- Smoke NCC Spec. C3.4. AS1530.7 & BS EN 1634-3. Meets smoke leakage rates specified in AS6905 & EN 13501-2 “Sa”, “Sm”.
- Energy NCC Pt. 22.214.171.124 & J3.4.