Intumescent Paints for Walls and Ceilings
IWC intumescent paint
IWC intumescent paint is an intumescent coating for walls and ceilings. Inherently non-combustible surfaces such as plasterboard and brick can become a potential fire hazard due to repeated redecoration with conventional paints.
Different paint types from a variety of manufacturers have generally been used over many years with less than thorough preparation. In a fire thick layers of old paint tend to de-laminate rapidly catching and spreading fire around a building. In extreme cases a lethal “flash- over” fireball effect is created.
The resultant risk to life and property can be greatly reduced at minimum cost using a combination of IWC intumescent paint, an insulating “intumescent” barrier coating and SFR wallcoat. The IWC intumescent paint system can help landlords comply the the Fire Safety Order 2005. Ask us for details.
- 1 coat Intumescent basecoat for walls and ceilings.
- Use with SFR wallcoat.
- For wallpaper & multi-layer painted surfaces.
- Matt and eggshell.
- Class 0 + Bs1 d0 with 1 coat of SFR wallcoat (smoke & flame retardant).
- White + BS & RAL colours.
- Intumescent basecoat for 30/60/90/120 minutes protection on plasterboard, cementitious board and concrete.
- Undercoat shades.
- Use with 1 coat of SFR wallcoat to seal.
The Fire Safety Order 2005 requires property managers to comply with current fire standards for corridors, stairways, entrance lobbies etc.Multiple layers of incompatible paints “Multi-Layer” can create dangerous Class 4 or EN Class D + E Surface Spread of Flame risk.
*British Standard Class O is superseded by the safer standard BS EN Class B s1 dO.Wallcoat SFR
- SFR wallcoat is a 1 coat smoke and flame retardant paint.
- Durable wash-resistant water based paint.
- Use Wallcoat SFR over Wallcoat for high-risk surfaces.
- Matt or Eggshell.
- High opacity 1 coat cover over Wallcoat.
- Class 0 + Class B s1 d0.
- White + BS & RAL colours.
- 2 coats direct to bare or medium risk walls and ceilings.
25 and 100 square metre packs and 5 kg Packs.
We supply a FREE of charge Certificate of Supply with each paint order or project.
How to Order Intumescent Paint
For this reason we ask customers to specify their needs on the relevant enquiry form to ensure we have all the necessary information to hand when we quote.
Please contact us via the enquiry form, which steps you through the job specification, and we will provide a paint recommendation and quotation for the materials required.
The enquiry form links seen below will take you to our intumescent-paints.co.uk website which will open up in a new browser window:
A quick guide to the fireproof paint range (at intumescent-paints.co.uk)
Technical advice and support is important in the selection and application of intumescent paints.