- Makes it possible to fire seal without any minimum annular width around services.
- Installation is very simple and quick; fitted in a minute.
- Installation is very simple and quick.
- Gives service penetrations a high fire resistance in dry lining partitions and masonry or concrete walls.
- Stops penetration of both cold and hot smoke.
- Self-adhesive and very easy to apply without tools.
- Unaffected by moisture; can be used in wet rooms.
- Never hardens and ensures a tight fit.
- Can be reshaped to other sizes if necessary.
- Provides excellent sound insulation.
- Environment- and user friendly; contains no solvents or VOC’s.
- Contains a low pressure intumescent for optimal fire protection.
- Working life of at least 25 years.
Astro PFP FR Putty Cord is an easy to apply fire rated putty supplied as a non-setting cord. The cord is hand workable, re-usable and re-serviceable due to its non-setting properties, they are supplied in circular strips and are easy to fit with your thumbs; no tools required.
Fitting the putty cords will reinstate the fire rating of the partition and prevent the passage of smoke and flames in a fire and sound and air movement during service life.
The putty cord is designed to be easily fitted around service penetrations where the gap around the services is very small, or there is no gaps at all so a conventional fire rated sealant is impossible or difficult to fit due to the required depth and backing material.The putty cords are fitted covering the gap around the services and does not need to fill the gap to the required depth.
- Size: 200xØ15mm
- Colour Red
- 5 x Cords per pack
We have technical representatives who provide assistance in the selection and specification of the products on this site and should be consulted for exact installation and product suitability. Ensure an early engagement with ourselves, designers, main contractor and specialist installers before any installation. Other trades and/or manufacturers may need to be consulted. For in-depth information, specification and technical advice please call our Head Office on Tel: +(0)1329 841416 or email email@example.com
All interested parties, designer, specifier, main contractor and specialist installers should provide access to allow the fire stopping seals to be regularly inspected and maintained, as well as records kept of such maintenance at minimum periods of 12 months, as required by the Regulatory Reform Order, and repaired if necessary. Reference should be made to ASFP TGD 17 – Code of Practice for the Installation and Inspection of Fire Stopping.
It is vital that those entrusted to design or install a fire stopping product have the necessary levels of competence to undertake the task professionally and thoroughly. The level of competency required will be commensurate with the expected complexity of the building. All designers must eliminate, reduce or control foreseeable risks that may arise during installation, construction or maintenance when preparing or modifying designs. Clients should ensure that the principal designer and principal contractor carry out their duties under CDM regulations. The ASFP foundation course in passive fire protection provides essential knowledge as part of demonstrating competency and understanding in this key fire protection specialism.
Download and review any of the following information:
Certification/Fire Test Reports:
CE Marked Documents
'DoP's are 'Declaration of Performance'
'CoC's are 'Certificate of Constancy of Performance'
'ETA' 'European Technical Assessment Sheet'
'TDS' are 'Technical Data Sheet'