Fire Rated Cavity Seals.
- Creates a fire barrier within the cavity.
- Allows air circulation until activated by fire.
- Tested to BS 476 Part 20
- 30-120 minutes fire rating
- Horizontal and Vertical use
- Suitable for ventilated cavities from 15mm
Many external wall systems are designed with an open cavity to provide back ventilation. The cavity acts like an open chimney to allow for moisture dissipation and to create a back pressure to repel rain ingress.
However in the course of a fire this 'chimney effect' is an open path for the spread of fire, both vertically and horizontally, behind the external wall system.
Fire rated cavity seals maintain the ventilated cavity in normal conditions, leaving a continuous free air space, but, in the event of a fire, the intumescent fire barrier will quickly expand to seal off the cavity to prevent the spread of fire.
For more information please view the following PDF files: