Home > Fire Stop Products > Cladding Seals
Fire Rated Cladding Seals.
- Creates a fire barrier within the cladding.
- Allows air circulation until activated by fire.
- Tested to BS 476 Part 20
- 30-120 minutes fire rating
- Horizontal and Vertical use
- Suitable for ventilated cavities from 15mm
- Improves cladding performance
Many rainscreen and cladding systems are designed with an open cavity to provide back ventilation. The cavity acts like an open chimney to allow for moisture dissipation and to create a back pressure to repel rain ingress.
However in the course of a fire this 'chimney effect' is an open path for the spread of fire, both vertically and horizontally, behind the cladding system.
Fire rated cladding seals maintain the ventilated cavity in normal conditions, leaving a continuous free air space, but, in the event of a fire, the intumescent fire barrier will quickly expand to seal off the cavity to prevent the spread of fire.
|Cladding Seal - up to 50mm cavity.|
Rated 30 to 120 minute (fire rating varies with underlying structure). For fitting behind exterior cladding to enhance fire protection.