- Tested to BS 476 Part 20.
- 30 Minutes Fire Rating.
- For cavities up to a nominal 50mm width.
- Easy to work with and install.
- Designed for timber frame & masonry cavities.
- Allows normal air circulation and prevents thermal & moisture bridging.
- Reduces the need for unsightly ventilation and drainage apertures.
- Low profile design - prevents pushing out of bricks or distortion of cladding.
- Compact Roll.
Note: Only suitable for use behind brickwork/blockwork external walls. (See our range of Ventilated Fire Barriers for compatible fire barriers with alternative wall systems).
Completely closing a wall cavity with a solid barrier can affect thermal performance and create moisture bridging, leading to structural damage. However, fully open wall cavities can form unrestricted chimneys that allow fires to spread.
The solution is a Cavity Fire Barrier that allows the wall cavity to perform as designed while enhancing fire protection. The low profile intumescent design also allows brickwork to be laid unobstructed. This slim design fire barrier only intrudes 4mm into the wall cavity, leaving it open for all practical purposes, until fire enters the cavity. In the event of a fire the intumescent materials in the cavity fire barrier expand rapidly forming a fire resistant char that stops the spread of flames for up to 30 minutes.
- 75mm wide x 4mm thick x 6.3 metre long roll. Red only.
Certification/Fire Test Reports:
- Cavity Fire Barrier on a Roll is tested to BS 476 Part 20: 1987.
- Test Report No. Chilt/IF07077. 30 Minutes Fire Integrity, plus 20% over-run, without failure.
Please Note: This product will NOT be dispatched until approved by our technical team. So this product may not apply for next day delivery.