- Classified for all types of constructions with or without building service penetrations.
- Simple and very quick to install.
- Easy to retrofit additional building services after installation.
- Permanently flexible - will accommodate movements during fire and smaller movements in the construction it has been fitted within.
- May be used in unlimited lengths in walls with heights up to 1200 mm and in floors with widths up to 800 mm.
- May be installed in gypsum walls with or without framing around the opening and can be patress fitted.
- Halogen free with added fungicides.
- Once fully cured, the board resists UV, humidity and frost.
- Astro PFP FR Boards can be supplied with a smooth surface.
- Precautions are required to be taken to prevent a person stepping onto a blank horizontal penetration seal.
The Astro PFP FR Board is designed to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through openings in fire rated walls and floors where openings are formed to allow the installation of multiple building services. It will also maintain the acoustic design performance in fire rated walls and floors.
The Astro PFP FR Board consists of a high density stone wool core, over-coated with Astro PFP FR Coating. The top coating provides additional protection by significantly reducing the permeability of the stone wool core and preventing the passage of hot gases, thus reducing the temperature rise on the unexposed side and reducing heat conduction through the building services.
Astro PFP FR Board is available coated on one or two sides, depending on the seal design to provide the required fire resistance. On site, Astro PFP FR Board must be used together with Astro PFP Acrylic for sealing around building services, joints and edges of the FR Board and the surrounding construction.
Resistance to Fire:
- Flexible walls comprise gypsum, masonry, aerated concrete or concrete.
- Unlimited width by 1200mm high blank seal with double 50mm Astro PFP FR Board 1-S / EI 120 (E 120).
- Rigid walls comprise masonry, aerated concrete or concrete, within walls or between the head of walls and the soffit of floor slabs.
- Unlimited width by 1200mm high blank seal with single 60mm Astro PFP FR Board 2-S / EI 90 (E 240).
- Unlimited width by 1200mm high blank seal with double 60mm Astro PFP FR Board 2-S / EI 180 (E 240).
- Up to 1200 mm by 1200 mm blank seal with double 60mm Astro PFP FR Board 2-S / EI 240 (E 240).
- Rigid floors comprise aerated concrete or concrete within floors or between floors and walls.
- Up to 1200 mm by 600 mm blank seal with single 60mm Astro PFP FR Board 2-S / EI 120 (E 240).
- Up to 1200 mm by 600 mm blank seal with double 60mm Astro PFP FR Board 2-S / EI 180 (E 240).
- Up to 2400 mm by 1200 mm blank seal with single 60mm Astro PFP FR Board 2-S (see also below) / EI 90 (E 120).
- Unlimited length by 120mm wide linear seal with single 60mm Astro PFP FR Board 2-S / EI 120 (E 240).
NB. Please read the Installation Instructions before usage.
- Batt : 50 x 600 x 1200 mm (Single Pack)
- 30mm and 50mm boards only coated 1 sided also available P.O.A
We have technical representatives who provide assistance in the selection and specification of the products on this site and should be consulted for exact installation and product suitability. Ensure an early engagement with ourselves, designers, main contractor and specialist installers before any installation. Other trades and/or manufacturers may need to be consulted. For in-depth information, specification and technical advice please call our Head Office on Tel: +(0)1329 841416 or email email@example.com
All interested parties, designer, specifier, main contractor and specialist installers should provide access to allow the fire stopping seals to be regularly inspected and maintained, as well as records kept of such maintenance at minimum periods of 12 months, as required by the Regulatory Reform Order, and repaired if necessary. Reference should be made to ASFP TGD 17 – Code of Practice for the Installation and Inspection of Fire Stopping.
It is vital that those entrusted to design or install a fire stopping product have the necessary levels of competence to undertake the task professionally and thoroughly. The level of competency required will be commensurate with the expected complexity of the building. All designers must eliminate, reduce or control foreseeable risks that may arise during installation, construction or maintenance when preparing or modifying designs. Clients should ensure that the principal designer and principal contractor carry out their duties under CDM regulations. The ASFP foundation course in passive fire protection provides essential knowledge as part of demonstrating competency and understanding in this key fire protection specialism.
Download and review any of the following information:
Certification/Fire Test Reports:
CE Marked Documents
'DoP's are 'Declaration of Performance'
'CoC's are 'Certificate of Constancy of Performance'
'ETA' European Technical Assessment Sheet
'TDS' are 'Technical Data Sheet'